Canadian Graduate and Professional Student Survey
The Canadian Graduate and Professional Survey (CGPSS) was undertaken in 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016. This survey contains a wealth of information about graduate student satisfaction and experience.
In 2010 more than 38,000 graduate students participated at 38 universities across Canada. In 2013, participation rose to 48 universities and to 50 universities in 2016. The updated National dataset now contains information from more than 144 000 responses.
The universities have agreed to permit access to an anonymized CGPSS dataset, for purposes of improving the graduate student experience in Canada. A Steering Committee formed under CAGS auspices will receive and review access requests. CAGS is supporting the work of the Steering Committee. Please fill out and submit the CGPSS Data Request Form for prompt feedback.
2016 Edition Results - November 2016 Luc Simon BPEI (.pptx)
- Notes to CGPSS 2010 - 2013 - 2016 combined dataset
- CGPSS: Combined Codebook
- Respondents by university, size and region
- Respondents by discipline and degree
Combined 2010 - 2013 - 2016
- CGPSS 2016: Canadian Report (pdf)
- CGPSS 2016: Canadian Report (xls)
- Instrument 2016 - UL Example
- CGPSS 2016: Changes
- CGPSS 2013: Canadian Report
- CGPSS 2013: National Anonymized Codebook - updated
- CGPSS 2013: Notes for CGPSS
- CGPSS 2010: Instrument for Students in Professional Programs
- CGPSS 2010: Instrument for Students in Doctoral Stream / Research Programs
- CGPSS 2010: Anonymized Dataset Codebook (revised Jan 2013)